Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone
|The Holliston Historical Society casts a shadow on Washington Street/Photo by Stephen Corso
The Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone (SHINE) Program, formerly known as Serving the Health Information Needs of Elders, provides free, confidential and unbiased health insurance information, assistance and counseling to Medicare beneficiaries of all ages and their caregivers through a network of volunteer health benefits counselors.
SHINE is funded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Massachusetts Councils on Aging.
What caregivers need to know about SHINE
- SHINE counselors help seniors and caregivers by reviewing present coverage, reviewing eligibility for financial assistance, providing benefits comparisons, preventing consumers from buying unnecessary or duplicate coverage and helping prepare health benefit claim forms, appeals and applications.
- SHINE counselors are dedicated volunteers who are trained and certified by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs to explain many areas of health insurance, including Medicare, Medigap insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, prescription drug programs, MassHealth (Medicaid) and other health care assistance programs.
- The SHINE Program’s mission is to ensure that healthcare consumers have a competent, committed and compassionate network of staff and volunteers who provide objective information through innovative community programs at the state and local levels.
Related information and additional web resources
Further information about the SHINE Program can be found on the official website of the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
To schedule a free, confidential SHINE appointment, call:
- Ashland - 508-881-0140
- Bellingham - 508-966-0398
- Dover - 508-785-0032
- Framingham - 508-532-5980
- Franklin - 508-520-4945
- Holliston - 508-429-0622
- Hopedale - 508-634-2208
- Hopkinton - 508-497-9730
- Hudson - 978-568-9638
- Marlborough - 508-485-6492
- Medfield - 508-359-3665
- Medway - 508-533-3210
- Mendon - 508-478-6175
- Milford - 508-473-8334
- Millis - 508-376-7051
- Natick - 508-647-6540
- Needham - 781-455-7555
- Norfolk - 508-528-4430
- Northborough - 508-393-5035
- Sherborn - 508-651-7858
- Southborough - 508-229-4453
- Sudbury - 978-443-3055
- Wayland - 508-358-2990
- Wellesley - 781-235-3961
- Westborough - 508-366-3000
To speak with staff at your SHINE regional office, call:
- 781-453-8076 (Needham Council on Aging) for Ashland, Dover, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Marlborough, Natick, Needham, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley and Westborough
- 508-422-9931 (Central Mass Association of COA) for Bellingham, Franklin, Hopedale, Medway, Mendon and Milford
- 781-784-4944 (HESSCO Elder Services) for Medfield, Millis and Norfolk